It’s Secret Santa time over on the Instagram and I was thrilled to draw the name of one of my favorite accounts to make a drink for. I drew my friends Stefan and Robert @darwins_erben:
- Two handsome bon vivants who have a passion for exploring European cocktail bars.
- They reside in Germany and their posts are thoughtful, humorous, and sometimes a little bit surreal.
- Their namesake is an English biologist/naturalist.
- They are really into creativity and evolution.
- They also seem to love American football? (🤔)
They have eclectic taste but I know they like bitter and sweet, specific gins, and Carpano Antica. And I like silly jokes. So:
OriGIN of Species
2 oz Monkey 47 Gin (little nod to Darwin)
1 oz Cynar
3/4 oz Carpano Antica
1/2 oz Nocino walnut liqueur
1/2 oz cranberry syrup
Shake/stir/strain. I wanted to enhance the cranberry notes in the gin, and add a little nuttiness. And I wanted the photo to feel like a coral reef in the sun. I think Darwin would have liked that 😉 Merry merry Christmas to to my delighful and inspiring friends in Essen, Germany. Cocktails really do bring friends together! 🎄❤️